Global Zero is the international movement for the elimination of all nuclear weapons. Their new site has helped to support and expand their online and offline organizing capabilities. GlobalZero.org aims to lighten their staff's workload by enabling visitors to be self-starters in their activism. The site features a mobile-friendly design by Free Range Studios. Advomatic developed the new GlobalZero.org in Drupal 7 to serve their multinational, multilingual supporters and staff.
With Drupal 7 it is now possible to designate only specific fields as ranslatable (Entity Translation module). This provides a translation strategy that in most circumstances provides a better match for administrators expectations. From the point of view of an administrator there is only one piece of content, and some of its text is translated into multiple languages.
http://www.globalzero.org/demand-zero (both for the big slideshow up top, and the carousel below)
http://www.globalzero.org/our-movement/voices (three on this page - the videos and the video thumbnails are two different, but linked carousels)
Entity Construction Kit (ECK) + SalsaAPI
There are several forms on the site for people to get more involved in the movement. Some are petitions http://www.globalzero.org/demand-zero or a way to submit content http://www.globalzero.org/demand-zero/share-your-story or to volunteer http://www.globalzero.org/demand-zero/start-a-chapter
These forms are provided by Drupal's entity system (via ECK), each form is a separate bundle of the 'campaign' entity type. Each time one of these forms is submitted, the information is passed into Salsa - Global Zero's CRM. Administrators can create new bundles on demmand. Since submissions are Drupal entities they can be displayed using Views module and other Drupal tools .
- Center for online action: The site serves as an effective driver of online activism, email list growth and content sharing.
- Deep integration with Salsa CRM: Visitors can easily join email lists and take action even on mobile devices.
- Social media integration: Throughout the site visitors are encouraged to promote content via their social media networks.
- Mobile-friendly design: The new website features a mobile-friendly design created by our design partner, Free Range Studios.
- User-friendly content creation: Staff with minimal tech experience can easily create content.
- Flexible layout: Administrators can shift the layout of each page without needing to know any code.
- User-generated content: Activists share photos and videos of their actions and participate in conversations.
- Multilingual functionality: Staff can create content for six chosen languages with the option of creating unique layouts and menu structures for pages within each language.